Ten years before his retirement, eminent CEO of General Electric, Jack Welch, said: “From now on, choosing a successor is the most important decision I’ll make. It occupies a considerable amount of thought almost every day.”
How much time does your organization devote to succession planning? Management Miscellany features four topics relating this important issue for an organization of any size.
And if you or your staff members have to do a lot of traveling overseas, you’ll find invaluable information on this issue as well.
Management Medley is another e-book that skilfully separates the practical ideas of management know-how from its entangling theory and jargon. It’s an e-Book that managers in large organizations in particular will want to get their hands on.
What you’ll discover in Management Medley
- How to apply the principles of succession planning
- How to develop a succession plan
- How to prepare someone to take your place
- How to help your successor move into your position
- How to plan for your overseas trip
- How to ensure you have trouble-free air travel on business
- How to avoid hassles while at your overseas business destination
- How to communicate with someone who doesn’t speak your language well
- How to break the bad news
- How to apologize
In addition to the core strategies outlined, the e-book contains scores of useful hints, advice, anecdotes and inspiration to help you better understand and implement the core material presented. And there’s a quiz so that you can test your understanding of business succession, business travel, saying sorry, and breaking bad news.